Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A New Earth

I spent some time this afternoon listening to the internet broadcast of Oprah's class with Ekhart Tolle, regarding his book "A New Earth." I haven't actually read the book, but after listening to the piece, I really would like to! Did anyone else watch this or read the book? I'd been talking with my sister, recently about finding your purpose, and this seems to be right along the same lines... how do you find your life's purpose? What I've gotten out of the first class is to first be at peace with what is - with the present moment. I've noticed many times - that moments of quietness are what give birth to something new.

This is something I think I'm going to have to read more about... I did find some information that makes Ekhart Tolle's work practical, called "The Sedona Method." It is basically a tool for becoming part of the peaceful revolution in consciousness and value that is sweeping the planet, just recently inspired by Oprah's Book Club. "The Sedona Method" points out how our focus - what continuously and repetitively occupies and mind and thoughts - is on our own ego but if we learn to let that all go we can actually be released from our self-imposed prisons and in fact help generate a new earth! If this is something that you may be interested in, they offer a free DVD and CD (and you know how I loooove free)!

0 comments:

Blogger template adapted from 'Fundamental' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 using "Addicted to Love" Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Joanna Cinnamon at My Digital Addiction.

Jump to TOP