Monday, June 16, 2008

Protecting Your Domain Name

I think one of the greater challenge for us Digital Designers is how to sell our designs. Personally, I am more of an artistic-type person. For the most part, I probably only use the artistic side of my brain. (That would explain a lot! LOL!) The business side is more calculating and mathematical... an area I would be happy to ignore. I suspect that's why we have heard of the term "Starving Artist."

I'm sure we could always use a little help when it comes to the business side of designing. So here's an interesting little quiz to take which does a domain name analysis. It asks three simple questions regarding your website's domain name and then gives you a Domain Name Scorecard, evaluating your website's extension, brand protection and descriptive domain. It also gives a few suggestions as to how to improve the Domain Name Score, such as registering for different extensions besides the usual .com, having one or more descriptive domain names that can point to your current site. Give it a try - you may find out a few things you did not know about domain names and their usefulness in our businesses!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Nice one. I like it. It is very important to think twice before doing domain register

Blogger template adapted from 'Fundamental' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 using "Addicted to Love" Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Joanna Cinnamon at My Digital Addiction.

Jump to TOP