Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Joys of Outsourcing

Ok I know I cannot be the only person here who is soooooo frustrated by Help Center outsourcing! With my computer in the toilet, I ended up on the phone (for hours!) to God only knows where speaking to "Rob" and "Joe" and "Dave" and "Jack" - are you kidding me?! Are companies really saving money with this, when the customer emerges from the encounter so angry that they are guaranteed to never buy such a product again?!

Where are the good old-fashionned days when we dealt with people who were pleasant and wanting to help? Not reading from a script with 4 lines on it?! It's encouraging to see some companies actually coming up with products to help the customer. We need more communication tools such as ProCallback by Mercia Networks to bring back real customer service!

1 comments:

Heather Libich

I completely agree with you! I absolutely love it when I end up talking to someone in California or New Jersey that really works for an OEM. I'd rather wait on hold and get someone who really knows the product instead of reading from a script!

BTW Joanne I want to thank you for tagging me! What fun! xoxoxo

Blogger template adapted from 'Fundamental' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 using "Addicted to Love" Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Joanna Cinnamon at My Digital Addiction.

Jump to TOP