Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tornado!

I haven't blogged much in the last week... I have been working my "real job" a little more than usual. Yesterday it was finally my day off and I was thinking I'd get all kinds of stuff done here. Until work called in desperation. So I ended up going in and having the craziest day ever! Right in the middle of the day, and in the middle of an epidural placement, tornado sirens start going off! I look out the window and see ominous looking clouds, some partially descended to the ground. Great. When this happens we are required to take all of the patients into the hall. Needless to say, that wasn't going to happen with a foot-long needle sticking out of my patient's back! But the tornado passed without event and things continued on... business as usual.

Until I got home. I was afraid I might have some shingles blown off the roof or maybe the fence would be broken like before, but that was all fine. However, my lawn furniture set was scattered all over the entire yard and the cushions and umbrella were nowhere to be found! I drove around the neighbourhood trying to find them, to no avail... too weird. So now I have got to buy some new Outdoor Chair Cushions and a matching umbrella before summer gets started! You've got to have a functional patio set for summer, right?! I didn't have one the year before and every morning I wished I did so that I could sit out and enjoy the weather.

Thank God for the internet! I found this site, that does has all - outdoor furniture cushions, chair cushions, bench pads, seat pads, chaise lounge cushions and umbrellas. They will even customizes the cushions to whatever size, shape and fabric you like! There's an umbrella, similar to what I had, which you can also customize by chosing the fabric you want. Very cool.

1 comments:

Lisa

How scary! I've lived through hurricanes since 1961, but never a toronado! Glad all was well with your home with the exception of your patio furniture!

Blogger template adapted from 'Fundamental' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 using "Addicted to Love" Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Joanna Cinnamon at My Digital Addiction.

Jump to TOP