Monday, April 28, 2008

Digital Piracy

As I write this, I am still so incredibly irritated. I have spent the most part of the day dealing with thieves.

Every once in a while, I spend a little time searching the Internet... I blog hop a little, then I Google my name, or any other identifying factor. It's always interesting to see what comes up. For the most part it's always pleasant... I get a glimpse of the layouts done with my kits etc. Today I found a big ring of Pirates, giving my stuff away. I had heard that Digital Piracy was rampant in the last few months. I guess since I didn't see my own stuff being pirated, I didn't feel the extent of it.

I like to think that the majority of Digital Piracy is based on ignorance. Perhaps the person never read the Terms of Use. So, I thought I would take the time to post my Terms of Use for all to see and discuss them, so as to eliminate any confusion.

Joanna Cinnamon / My Digital Addiction Terms of Use

1. Copyrights to all designs belong to the original creator, Joanna Cinnamon with all rights reserved. Distribution of these in any fashion will be in violation of international copyright laws. Graphic designs are for personal use only. This means you cannot share them with your best friend, with a Yahoo Group, on a blog or anywhere else. Designers put a lot of time and money into their craft and the maintenance of a website. Money is often made through website traffic. If you would like your friend to have a copy of a product, send them directly to the site. It's that simple.

2. You may post layouts to websites or scrapbooking magazines that include any portion of the graphics, altered or not, providing you give proper credit and reference back to http://MyDigitalAddiction.blogspot.com/. You cannot make "Quick Pages" or templates and give them away on your blog. That is considered altering and is a violoation of these terms.

3. These graphics may not be used commercially without written permission from the owner. You cannot sell my products, altered or not, or use them in any way to obtain a profit.

4. Altering a graphic is permissable, however you many not then claim them as your own.

It's that simple, folks. Please respect these Terms if you download my products. Just because they are free does not mean the copyright is!!! Please refer to Jen Strange's blog for more information on Digital Piracy.

3 comments:

Anonymous

I am SO sorry! And your stuff is always so wonderful and FREE.

I just don't understand why people don't take a little more care.

Thank you and I am so sorry!

FreebieFinder

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the freebie below will be posted today on Freebie Finder.

Thank you,
Emily,

Anonymous

I'm sorry that someone was so selfish. You have been so generous with us.

Please know that many people care and appreciate your generosity. We love you! Thanks for all your gifts.

Blogger template adapted from 'Fundamental' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 using "Addicted to Love" Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Joanna Cinnamon at My Digital Addiction.

Jump to TOP