Sunday, October 19, 2008

Help with Web Hosting

I wish, wish, wish I had run upon a site like this before starting my own Digital Scrapbooking store! Like many Designers just starting out on their own, I began with a lot more excitement than experience, and with a lot less knowledge than creativity. Not that there is anything wrong with that - after all, weren't all the greatest artists in history a little lacking on the business side? Unfortunately for me, the knowledge came at a price. Without knowing enough about Web Hosting companies, I signed up with one I thought would serve my purposes. I learned the hard way that not all companies are honest or interested in customer service.

There are many ways to learn how to run a Digital Scrapbooking website before jumping in, blind, with both feet. Web Hosting Geeks offers a great service that I could have certainly benefitted from before creating my Digital Scrapbooking website. It is a list of many web hosting companies with honest feedback and reviews. This is very important, especially when it comes to customer service. I would definitively recommend reading this prior to making a webhosting decision! They also have a worthwhile web hosting blog which contains lots of valuable information for anyone considering running a website.

1 comments:

Anonymous

I wrote this information down for a later date. I am just starting out and need to finish school first and then maybe. Thank you for the recomendation.

Laramie
artgalstyle/blogspot.com

Blogger template adapted from 'Fundamental' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 using "Addicted to Love" Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Joanna Cinnamon at My Digital Addiction.

Jump to TOP