Friday, August 1, 2008

My Embaressing Yard

I don't know if it's like this everywhere else in the country, but down here in Texas, we are dying of the heat! It's over 100 for the umpteenth day in a row and I can't remember when it's last rained. Embaressingly, my sprinkler system decided to die so despite standing out in the heat with the hose every night, my yard looks like absolute crap! Like it's a farmer's hay field. Oh, and did I mention that the poor folks beside us are trying to see their house, so they have this beautiful lush green yard, and the people across the street are retired and apparently have nothing else to do but look after their yard. So here I am, ducking into my house every night, hoping no one sees me, because my yard looks so dreadful.

My fiance has suddenly decided to get very concerned about the yard, perhaps preferring not to recall that we are leaving to get married in less than two weeks. In the last day or two he has filled the back porch with shrubs and trees to plant... all of which I am convinced will be dead by the time we get back. The problem is, I have to smile and act encouraging - otherwise he'll drop the project like a hot potatoe! LOL!

We spend today running around doing last minute wedding and honeymoon errands. I've got the fiance all fixed up. I think the only thing I have left to do now is get my hair cut and colored, and I have to pick my wedding dress up from the seamstress this week. I am hoping it will fit perfect and I won't have to go on a last-minute, desperate search for the Best Diet Pill in America in order to fit into it! LOL!

2 comments:

Melissa

The Texas heat has been terrible! I am dreading my Aug. and Sept. water & elec. bills. Hopefully it will rain in both of our areas soon.


Good luck finalizing your wedding plans. The "big" day will be here before you know it. Do you have family or friends that will be able to take care of the new plants that your sweetie is going to place in the yard?

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914

I'm doing a raindance for you Well making an attempt anyway!!!! LOL
Keeping you both in my prayers!!!!!
& the Lawn too!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blogger template adapted from 'Fundamental' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 using "Addicted to Love" Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Joanna Cinnamon at My Digital Addiction.

Jump to TOP